The name "Point" means "surrounded by a wall". Manuscripts show the first record of this single vineyard in 1570. It was originally in the possession of the Princes of Esterházy and located close to their Manor House.
Since 1848, the Kollwentz family has owned a parcel on this site. The single vineyard Point is a southerly exposed hillside vineyard in the warmest part of the Leithagebirge, merely covering five and a half hectares. It stretches south of the road to Eisenstadt, from the crossing with the street to Ödenburg (roundabout) to the Manor House. The single vineyard Point lies on an altitude of 190 to 200 meters. Its loamy-calcareous soil with good water retention properties produces concentrated Blaufränkisch wines full of character.